- 1 Linuxfest Organization 2006
- 2 IMPORTANT
- 3 Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
Linuxfest Organization 2006
(For reference, link to LinuxFest 2005)
Same as in 2005 We have 4 Rooms:
- Tux Café - used as show room, selling stuff and drinks and to discuss.
- Class Room for the courses.
- Class Room for the installations
- Class Room for the LAN Party
- Date 17th and 18th of June
- Time: Saturday 8:00 to late night, Sunday 10:00 to 19:00
- Location LGL (Lycée de Garçons) Luxembourg Limpertsberg
- ONT website  in the agenda: Try to add Linux Fest
Manpower during Fest
Please add your name here and say when you may come and what you want to do)
- AlainKnaff : Saturday: 8h-22h, Sunday 8h-20h : bring laptop(s)
- EricDondelinger : Saturday & Sunday: bring Sun U30 + laptop, headset, webcam
- AlexLoes : Saturday & Sunday: bring my AMD64 (if someone could help me carrying this) + Laptop, webcam
- ThierryCoutelier : Saturday: 8h-22h, Sunday 8h-20h : bring laptop
- VincentBremaud : saturday & sunday: bring desktop computer, (old) laptop and MacMini ( with ppc Linux of course ;-) )
- PascalSteichen : saturday morning and sunday: can bring laptop and amd64 tower (if needed)
- Make poster (http://www.linux.lu/Fest2006/Posters). We have now possibility to print large (A0/A1) posters (in reasonable quantities) on the new plotter at the LGL.
- Hang it out in schools (prepare 4 weeks in advance, hang out 2 1/2 week in advance)
- Hang it out at work or elsewhere (only authorized places please.)
- Print as A5 (url to be defined) and A6 (url to be defined) flyer and distribute it (Clubs, Mailboxes, Shops ...)
- Create a WEB-banner and distribute/advertise it.
- Add the event to all calenders you know off.
- Post to all mailing lists.
- Prepare commercial advertisement.
- Prepare Press Release CpLinuxFest2006
- Coordinate release: Proposed Release Date (to be defined)
- Luxemburger Wort
- La Voix du Luxembourg
- Letzebuerger Revue
- Radio 100,7
- Buy add space in Telecran
- Sipress (?) ==> coordination publicites dans presse ecrite mpk.lu presse.lu
- Spiral (?)
- AlexLoes: I will also ask to make an advertisement on the AAL Home page (maybe) when a banner is ready. Sorry, they only accept things related with astronomy.
- Linuxmagazin & Linuxuser & Easylinux (Linux NewMedia)
- Do we make contact cards? (Visitenkaart) (PascalSteichen: at least a generic one, without personal names would be great)
- [please complete if you have more ideas & contacts]
- Luxbox newsletter (cf. Eric Dondelinger - tried, but they accept submissions only from paying abonnents)
Press Release : - in French : CpLinuxFest2006 - in English :
Coordinate with PauloRibeiro do not send on you own.
Goodies / Freebies
- Use what we have.
- Kubuntu -> will not arrive in time as they only ship mid june (ThierryCoutelier)
- make price list
- print forms to note down sales and new memberships
- AlexLoes: I will do it as every year!
Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
- Get list of available native Linux games
- Registration website:  or via 
- Organize PCs (LGL, HP, Siemens, ...) (2 weeks in advance) (contacts?)
The LGL itself now has PCs which may be suitable. These are Siemens computers with Intel 82865G graphics chip (download drivers here). The cases are quite small, only small-factor Nvidia cards fit (many cards can be made "small-factor" by unscrewing the slotblech).
- Test in exact same configuration as being used at Fest (being careful about peripherals, such as USB mice too!)
- Organize games (2 weeks in advance)
- PascalSteichen: my amd64 has ET (wolfenstein ennemy territory), Openquartz and Legends installed
- [complete this list please]
- kstars (Alex)
- ekiga (Alex, Alain K.)
Food & drinks
- Order soft drinks (Ets Rossi in Dudelange)
- 3 boxes each of Coke, Vittel, Beer should be sufficient (1 week in advance)
- Order less ice-tea than 2005, we had leftovers! (one box of each type should be enough!)
- A few bottels of Beckerich
- Maybe some Rosport (Blue)
- Contact Transfair for
- Order Pizza in time to start at 14.00.
- Free (as in liberty) Beer: VoresOel (EricDondelinger)
- ingredients have been ordered and paid (May 3 evening)
- ingredients (4x malt and 2x hops) have been sent (May 8) and have arrived (May 9)
- need to fetch guarana (done May 13), sugar and yeast
- main brewing actions have taken place May 21st
- May 22nd: yeast added to brew
- June 1st: 3 cases of empty beer bottles ("Buegelflaschen"), cleaned!
- June 5th: brew filled into bottles - we've got 24 bottles of 1/2 litres each (2 cases) plus one for testing.
- ca. June 15th: put bottles into fridge, need 1 day to cool nicely (i.e. finish just in time)
- AlexLoes: Don't forget to forward the bills to me!
- pictures at: FreeBeerPics
- We should have a couple of CDs of various distributions to hand out. 2 of each kind should be largely enough
(most people actually have either already bought a version themselves, or buy one at our stand) * SuSE * Fedora * Knoppix (possibly customized LiLux version, needs time (!), yes i think its too late now, but for next year we could think of it ...) * Debian * Mandrake * OpenCD * Plan for enough blank CDs in case we run out of one distro * Ubuntu & Kubuntu may be shipped mid june, we have to prepare some downloaded versions.
Everyone MAKE SURE YOU MARK YOUR ITEMS!
- Ethernet Cables
- Hubs / switches
- Spare keyboards
- Spare monitors
- Wi-Fi access point
- Demo computers
- "Dymo" labelling machine
- Astronomy programs demo AlexLoes: As I am member of AAL, I will do it.
- Sun Ultra 30 running Debian