- 1 Linuxfest Organization 2007
- 2 IMPORTANT
- 3 Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
Linuxfest Organization 2007
(For reference, link to LinuxFest 2007)
This is our 10 year anniversary and we would like to have something special.
If possible outside:
- Tent where we server drinks and food
- Music: DJ or we could even ask for HMM to do a small concert (would bring at least their supporters)
- Children's playground. (We have already volunteers for this part)
Inside almost as always:
- Tux Café - used as show room, selling stuff and drinks and to discuss.
- Class Room for the courses.
- Class Room for the installations
- Class Room for the LAN Party
- Date July ??
- Time: Saturday 8:00 to late night, Sunday 10:00 to 19:00 or only Sunday ?
- Location LGL (Lycée de Garçons) Luxembourg Limpertsberg or somewhere better ?
- ONT website  in the agenda: Try to add Linux Fest
Manpower during Fest
Please add your name here and say when you may come and what you want to do)
- Thierry Coutelier organization.
- Make poster (http://www.linux.lu/Fest2007/Posters). We have now possibility to print large (A0/A1) posters (in reasonable quantities) on the new plotter at the LGL.
- Go to an imprimerie to get real Poster.
- Hang it out in schools (prepare 4 weeks in advance, hang out 2 1/2 week in advance)
- Hang it out at work or elsewhere (only authorized places please.)
- Print as A5 (URL to be defined) and A6 (URL to be defined) flyer and distribute it (Clubs, Mailboxes, Shops ...)
- Create a WEB-banner and distribute/advertise it.
- Add the event to all calenders you know off.
- Post to all mailing lists.
- Prepare commercial advertisement.
- Prepare Press Release CpLinuxFest2007
- Coordinate release: Proposed Release Date (to be defined)
- Luxemburger Wort
- La Voix du Luxembourg
- Letzebuerger Revue
- Radio 100,7
- Buy add space in Telecran
- Sipress (?) ==> coordination publicites dans presse ecrite mpk.lu presse.lu
- Spiral (?)
- Linuxmagazin & Linuxuser & Easylinux (Linux NewMedia)
- Do we make contact cards? (Visitenkaart) (PascalSteichen: at least a generic one, without personal names would be great)
- [please complete if you have more ideas & contacts]
- Luxbox newsletter (cf. Eric Dondelinger - tried, but they accept submissions only from paying subscribers)
- Creating space on sendar, where photos of the Linuxfest could be downloaded. AFAIK our gallery doesn't work.
Press Release : - in French : CpLinuxFest2007 - in English :
Coordinate before sending.
Goodies / Freebies
- Use what we have.
- Kubuntu -> Thierry will check feasibility
- make price list
- print forms to note down sales and new memberships
Organized pricelist with prepared sheets to write down what has been sold.
"LAN Party" (actually, more of a demo for games...)
- who ?
- Get list of available native Linux games -> There are plenty of games in (K)ubuntu.
- Registration website: http://www.lilux.lu/events/llf or via http://www.lilux.lu/events/fest/2007/register.php?type=lan: New site?
- 2 game PCs should be enough
- Test in exact same configuration as being used at Fest (being careful about peripherals, such as USB mice too!)
- Organize games (2 weeks in advance)
- [complete this list please]
Food & drinks
- Order soft drinks (Ets. Rossi in Dudelange)
- 3 boxes each of Coke, Vittel, Beer should be sufficient (1 week in advance)
- Order less ice-tea than 2005, we had leftovers! (one box of each type should be enough!)
- A few bottels of Beckerich, Viva
- Maybe some Rosport (Blue)
- Contact Transfair for
- Order Pizza in time to start at 14.00.
- Free (as in liberty) Beer: VoresOel (EricDondelinger)
- Eric will start this weekend (May 26/27)
- We should have a couple of CDs of various distributions to hand out. 2 of each kind should be largely enough
(most people actually have either already bought a version themselves, or buy one at our stand)
- Knoppix (possibly customized LiLux version, needs time (!), yes i think its too late now, but for next year we could think of it ...) -> cf. HURD :-)
- Plan for enough blank CDs in case we run out of one distro
- Ubuntu & Kubuntu: check when the official version may be shipped...
Everyone MAKE SURE YOU MARK YOUR ITEMS!
- Ethernet Cables
- Hubs / switches
- Spare keyboards
- Spare monitors
- Wi-Fi access point
- Demo computers
- "Dymo" labelling machine
- Our Goodies: I think that we should buy new goodies such as Mousepads, Baseballcaps.. with a Linux Logo. What do you think?
- Astronomy programs demo AlexLoes: As I am member of AAL, I will do it.
- Sun Ultra 30 running Debian
- Registration website : http://www.lilux.lu/events/llf or via http://www.lilux.lu/events/fest/2007/register.php?type=courses
- Course materials (Presentation(s), Handouts + CD )